15 August 2014

MAC Darkside Lipstick

I recently bought MAC Darkside after wanting to add another one to my (very small) collection. I've been wanting to try one of MAC's nude or wearable pinks for ages now, but after much umming and arring, decided upon Darkside - a gorgeous rich plum shade, the perfect balance between a dark purple and red. Darkside is an 'amplified creme' meaning it's less drying than the matte formulation yet not quite as buttery and glossy as the cremesheen range (I sometimes find that finish a little too glossy for myself) So, it's a good compromise between a matte and a gloss finish - perfect if you ever suffer from chapped lips!

The pigmentation of the lipstick does not dissapoint! Like most MAC lipsticks, it's stays put for ages, slightly staining the lips even after it's been removed. The longevity is very impressive, it even stays put through eating/drinking/all day wear with minimal transfer/ The finish it gorgeous, not too matte and dull but a really nice wearable sheen.I'm in love with this formulation and really want to try out more of the amplified cremes in the future as I expand my makeup kit. I would love it if you guys could recommend which colour I should check out next!

Fern

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Beautiful color, I'm a fan of darker red myself.
Carolyn | BLOG