30 May 2014

May Beauty Favourites

MUA Undress Me Too Palette : I've actually reviewed this palette more in depth here so go check that out if you're interested! It's a palette that I reach for every single day without fail - the combination of colours means you can create literally any kind of eye look from subtle to smokey and the pigmentation is amazing, so it's a winner for me.

The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter : I really love this lip butter, not only does it smell amazing but it does a great job of moisturising dry or chapped lips - perfect to chuck in my makeup bag, I like to apply it before doing my makeup

17 Shine Control Pressed Powder : I picked this up on a whim after my Rimmel Stay Matte had run out and it's surprisingly good! It does a great job of mattifying my makeup and keeping it in place but also gives a flawless lightweight coverage without looking cakey or clinging to dryness - definitely a hidden gem.

Revlon Nail Polish 'Sweet Tart' : Again, this was another product I picked up on a whim when lusting after pretty pink nails - this shade is perfect for pink lovers, it's bright but not a hot pink, there is a tiny bit of coral in there making it perfect for summer (plus it lasts for ages, no chipping for days which really impressed me!)

MUA Powder Blush 'Bon Bon' : I already knew the MUA blushes were amazing for pigmentation but then I found this shade - I've never had a more perfect blush. It's the right balance between coral, soft pink and plum and gives a lovely glowy blush to the cheeks, and for £1 it's really worth trying out

Ebay Stipple Fibre Powder Brush : I've reviewed these ebay brushes more in depth here . These have been hailed super cheap dupes for the Real Techniques brushes, and they do come very very close. This brush in particular is lovely as it's slightly angled meaning it's easy to get around the nose area and hairline. I love using it to apply foundation as it's a very lightweight brush - it blends out foundation seamlessly without picking up too much product at any time, giving an airbrushed effect

Yardley English Rose Eau De Toilette : I received this as a gift for Christmas, but it's become one of my favourite summer scents. Some rose perfumes smell a little sickly or fake but this smells exactly like roses, as if you've just walked into a garden full of them - it also has a slight warmth to it making it smell divine

What have you been loving this month?

Fern

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great favourites - the Undress me too palette is so lovely. I've had so much use out of mine :o) Xx

Makeup by Candlelight

Glitter Detector said...

The MUA blush looks so pretty, the Body Shop Lip Butter sounds lovely too! xx