4 February 2014

Review: L'oreal true match foundation

Shade; Golden Natural (W4)

I had heard a lot of good stuff about this foundation, both online and from friends - and after trying it loved how it blended seamlessly. I had previously tried the older formulation and found it chalky and cakey, and so was surprised that it had gained so much hype again. This foundation retails at £9.99 in the UK, a fair price for a foundation that matches up to more high end brands (I find it comparable to MAC's Studio Fix Fluid in consistency and coverage)
One of the initial things that appealed to me was the yellow-undertones of many of the shades available, something that seems to be very hard to find in a cheaper foundation. I'm really not a fan of looking too pink or with a grey undertone, and so this range definitely caters to those with a warmer skin tone, or people like me who have a light skin tone but like to warm it up a bit with an undertone that's more on the yellow side.+
The consistency, upon first application appears to be quite runny and liquidy; but I was pleasantly surprised to see that in the end it blends out to a medium coverage (which is definitely buildable to a full coverage) It's super easy to blend and looks flawless on the skin. Over time it has the tendency to cake a little if too much is applied, so I'd recommend a lighter hand unless you're willing to touch up. Also, I've noticed that it clings to very dry pacthes; so maybe steer clear if you suffer from dry skin. It's definitely suited to more of a normal skin type - or oily skins if set with powder.
The staying power is good, it lasts a good day - but doesn't have the same kind of staying power as something more hardcore like Estee Lauder Double Wear. The downside for me is because it dries to a mostly matte finish, it does accentuate pores and skin texture if applied too heavily around troublesome areas - but this seems to be easily combatted with the use of a primer beforehand.
I picked this up on a whim and so the shade is just a little too dark for me (retrospectively, I probably should have opted for W3) but mixed with my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua (which is too light for me in colour and coverage) I've found my perfect combo which suits my lighter skin much better.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I've been wondering about the hype around this too! Only problem is I prefer neutral or cool toned foundation as opposed to super yellow ones - eel!

TwentySomethingBeauty
Twitter

Rachel
xx

jennie said...

This is one I've been hearing a lot about recently, I'll have to see if there's a shade that matches me because it sounds wonderful!

Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com