30 December 2013

MAC Rebel lipstick

 MAC Rebel / Barry M 160 'Black Cherry'

Rebel is a gorgeous purple based / fuchsia toned lipstick. This is the kind of lipstick I love - so many lipsticks that look purple in the bullet just don't deliver and end up being more of a bright pink. I'm a massive fan of nudes and pinks, but when I reach for something dark I want more than just a basic red, and so this colour is perfect for me. Rebel is a satin finish (which so far has proved to be my favourite! I've heard the mattes are very drying) It has a semi-matte finish with a slight sheen to it, which is forgiving on even chapped lips. As far as I can tell it doesn't accentuate dry areas and comes off as such a lovely finish.
The berry-tone of this lipstick means it looks amazing with both pale and tanned skin (not to mention green or blue eyes!)  
I was looking through some other lipsticks for comparison, and actually discovered that the Barry M 160 lipstick (which I bought about a month ago) is very very similar but with less of a purple undertone - appearing more of a deep hot pink on the lips. But for a cheaper alternative I'd really recommend it - it even has the same satin-like finish (although it's slightly more drying). Admittedly, I do love Rebel much more and it is better quality; but Barry M makes some amazing cheap alternatives to the MAC lipsticks so it's worth checking out.

6 comments:

Claire said...

Mac Rebel is probably one of my most used lipsticks this year, it's a stunning colour!
http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

daisychain said...

I need to own this! x

Carolyn said...

Such a gorgeous color!
<3 Carolyn

Claudia Finn said...

Rebel is such a Gorgeous Colour, Really Have to try it out! x

Please take some time out to visit my blog
www.stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk
Claudia xx

jennie said...

Ohh it's such a beautiful colour! <3

Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, do you know anything about Content Lockdown? if not visit Turbo Commissions and Affiliate Scalper!
Base Jumping Games